Wednesday, September 19, 2007

With the Sibs in Orlando

The thing about life-long friends is that you can be absent one from the other for quite a long time and pick up right where you left off the last time. My trip to Orlando this week was a perfect example. My English friends, Steve and Joy Atkins (brother & sister) have been my UK family for nearly 10 years now, and we always get on like brothers and sisters. Joy and I are often mistaken for sisters in public, as we were today in one of the shops at the outlet mall. We obviously share the same tastes, as when I met Joy right off the plane, we discovered this:
Yes, those are my feet on the left, and hers on the right. In exactly the same pair of Rocketdog, brown flip-flops! Crazy. So now you probably want to see pictures of us, the sisters. Well here you go:
That was taken this past summer in London when I was there with People to People. So now we were here in my semi-territory. We went to Universal Studios yesterday, and today it was off to the Premium Outlets. A good time was had by all. Pictures follow. Enjoy!
















How about Steve & Autumn in the rickshaw? We barely fit two adult-sized bottoms into it!


And there we are...me, my "sister" and my "brother." Final moments at the Orlando International airport, where you can park your car outside ticketing without being shouted or whistled at and you can take last-minute pictures with your friends. Good times!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

That's crazy you had the same flip-flops on! Sounds like you had a fun visit with them. I loved your last post too about being known. I'm reading Blue Like Jazz as well and have really appreciated his perspective on things. He has really challenged me.

The Wyatts said...

Aut, I love reading your blogs. You have some great insight and I enjoy hearing all God is teaching you. It's an encouragement to me. Love you, Sunshine!