Monday, July 16, 2007

Hard is Worth It

Here we are at Gig on the Grass in June. What a fabulous night!

It has been my recent observation that some of the toughest things in life, though difficult, are totally and completely worth it. I've observed this in several friends who recently had babies, and also in those who are working hard to get out of debt or better themselves by going back to school. Though the journey may not always be fun, we gain so much along the way. I am so thankful for the people God is continually putting in my life to teach me this.

Over the weekend, Scott and I saw the movie, Evan Almighty. Morgan Freeman's character, God, comments to Evan in the film that when you pray for God to give you patience, He doesn't merely give you patience, but rather the opportunity to practice being patient. I thought this was a good point. How often do I pray that God will do this or that and then act surprised when we are given a chance to work on what we prayed for? Just something to think about. Not easy, but it's so worth it.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hey chica! Love the blog! We non-myspace people are coolest! : )
I enjoyed reading your posts so far. My favorite worship song is How Deep the Father's Love for Us, and I loved what you wrote about God's amazing love for us. It is truly amazing that He loves us, even though we sin against him every day. And as far as this post, I agree...it seems that anything great is going to take work. Marriage is a good example. For it to be really great, you can't just do what comes naturally because that usually means you will do something selfish! When we make the effort to pray together, or when we fight hard to die to self and look to the other's interests we find a stronger marriage. Anyway, I look forward to hearing more from you! I'll add your link to my blog.
Love you!