Sunday, July 22, 2007

Broken Dreams Restored

Andy has been doing a series at church called Boulevard of Broken Dreams. He has been talking about what happens when you realized that certain dreams may never come true due to circumstances you are in and choices you have made. We learned how King David, even in his wisdom, had dreams broken.

This afternoon I was listening to a Rascal Flatts song called Bless the Broken Road and found the chorus particularly moving. It reminded me of this morning's talk at church. You may find the lyrics familiar:

Every long lost dream led me to where you are
Others who broke my heart they were like northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you

These lyrics are so true to the way God works and how He perceives things in our lives. Our little lives are dotted with moments so horribly hurtful that we cannot see how things could ever improve. But I am realizing it is at those moments that God is working on our behalf, and preparing something even better than we ever could have imagined. I know He's done that in my life. God's so cool like that.

No comments: