Wednesday, August 8, 2007

It's Getting Hot out Therre...

Me, last summer in Oz: Temp was about 35 degrees and we were on a sheep farm. Sigh.

Step one foot outside of an air-conditioned building any day this week and you know exactly what I'm talking about.

If not, I'm talking about the weather in Hotlanta. Today, for example, it is 97 degrees outside, but with the heat index, the weather guys say it feels like 105.

Anyone who doesn't believe in global warming ought to visit our precious city for about five minutes. Or five seconds!

I'm not ashamed to admit that for the last several days, I have come straight home and ripped my clothes off, put on a bathing suit and lazed around my house. It's almost too hot to really go lay by the pool, so instead, I lay on the couch trying not to melt. Don't forget that it's important to keep hydrated in these extreme temperatures.

My Dad is so fortunate: he's down under, where it's winter! Who's ready to take a month-long vacation to Australia with me?

No comments: