Monday, August 13, 2007

Back to School

Don't you love New York in the fall? It makes me wanna buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address.
~From You’ve Got Mail

Much education today is monumentally ineffective. All too often we are giving young people cut flowers when we should be teaching them to grow their own plants.
~John W. Gardner

He who opens a school door, closes a prison.
~Victor Hugo

An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't.
~Anatole France

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education. ~Mark Twain

AND THE TRUEST OF ALL OF THESE:

Good teaching is one-fourth preparation and three-fourths theater.
~Gail Godwin

1 comment:

Mollie said...

You wouldn't believe what proflowers.com gets for a bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils these days...

Happy Back to School!