Sunday, August 5, 2007

Families First

Today's message at church, part two of Voddie Baucham's Legacy series, really hit home with me on several levels. Voddie touched on ways we can make sure that God is head of our homes and families at all times. I was reminded all over again about how blessed I am to be a part of a church that truly values the family. Our church is designed with community in mind, and the three branches of children's ministry (not to mention the two teen ministries), further attest to this fact. Volunteering each week in Waumba Land is such a blessing; for the hour each week that we volunteer, we are easily blessed ten times over.

This evening, I had the privilege of watching a video created by my dear friends Mike & Julie Tiemann who recently returned from a mission trip to our partner church in the Dominican Republic. As I watched this six-minute clip, I could not help but have tears in my eyes as I witnessed couples celebrate God's faithfulness together at a Married Life Live conference, voices lifted while singing "How Great is Our God," in Spanish. This is one of many songs we celebrated with in Romania last summer, and it moves me to this day every time I hear it's melody. Isn't it just amazing to know that God receives praise in so many languages? If you have the time, please check out Mike & Julie's video:

http://www.arclight.net/~julieandmikemusic/D.R.%202007%20Stream.mov

No comments: