Saturday, August 18, 2007

First Week Highlights

The first week of school is always filled with humor. I thought I'd share a few of our little stories here.

On Friday, two fifth grade girls in my classroom got all up in each other's faces and started screaming about the other one's mother.

On Wednesday, a first grader told our art teacher, "You look like art!" on his way into school.

And most amusingly, on TUESDAY, a little kindergarten girl was misbehaving and would not follow her teacher's directions. And so the school counselor came in to see if she could settle the little friend down. The girl promptly kicked and bit our counselor. Then our new principal came down. She took the little girl to her office and got down at eye level, just as the experts say you should. She said to her, "Do you know who I am?" The kindergartener nodded. Then she said, "Have you seen me on the TV each morning talking to you?" The girl nodded again. She continued, "What have I been telling the boys and girls every morning?" The girl paused and replied, through choked back tears, "To...listen...to...your....teacher." Betty said, "And have you been doing that this morning?" The girl looked her straight in the eye and said, "NO! I don't have to listen to anybody, bitch! My mom said so!"

My job is so full of adventure!

2 comments:

The Wyatts said...

Those are great...oh how I miss teaching days:) JW

Lisa said...

Adventure is a good way to put it I guess! I remember those first weeks...it was always interesting. Hope it's all going well for you!