Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Kite Runner

Every so often, I see a film that changes me inside. Something happens to me as I watch it, and I consider things I have not considered before. Suddenly, my picture-perfect image of the world disappears and I am not the same. It happened to me when I watched Hotel Rwanda and Blood Diamond.

Tonight the film was The Kite Runner. It is based on the book of the same name by Khaled Hosseini, an Afghan-American author based in California. I hear the book is even more amazing, and plan to now read the follow-up novel, A Thousand Splendid Suns, now being adapted to film as well.

If you'd like to read a non-spoiler synopsis of the story, click here http://www.khaledhosseini.com/hosseini-books-kiterunner.html

Otherwise, run, don't walk to your nearest Blockbuster and get this film. Seriously. Check it out.

1 comment:

Liz said...

I've read both and they are great reads Can't think the movie would be any better. I'll rent it!