Sunday, April 20, 2008

His Commands are not burdensome...

These are some verses I've been digging into lately. They are all about a simple truth: If you love God, you obey what he says to do. Simple as that. Not rocket science. Now the trick is being familiar enough with his Word that I know what it is he wants me to do. Easier said than done, but a challenge I'm up for!

John 14:15 (NIV)

"If you love me, you will obey what I command."

1 John 2:3 (NIV)
"We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands."

Matthew 16:24-25 (NIV)
Then Jesus said to his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it."

1 John 5:2-3 (NIV)
This is how we know that we love the children of God: by loving God and carrying out his commands. This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome,

Gosh, that's some good stuff, isn't it?

1 comment:

Mary said...

I love reading your blog, Autumn! What a wonderful woman after God's own heart you have become! I remember Autumn the little girl, but I feel I am getting to know you now. You are a great Christian example and your obedience to spread His Word as the Great Commisssion tells us to is inspiring. Have a blessed day!