Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Let the Chorus Begin!

Chorus began again today! Hoorah for singing!!! I can't believe I had over 60 kids in my room...and that's only HALF the group! The other half comes tomorrow. Today we began some holiday tunes, and I honestly thought when they were singing the divine words of, "Joy to the World," and "Silent Night," that it was a Choir of Angels. We also worked on, "Over the Rainbow." I thought to myself, "Wow. Great job choosing kids who sing really well this year!" Sometimes I let my emotions get the best of me and push that kid who really can't sing into choir, just because. This year I was more strict and turned 39 singers away as they just weren't up to par. Now here we are, 130+ singers, including some new faces who weren't at my school this year. Here we go!!! Wee!!!!!

3 comments:

Julie Tiemann said...

Hmm, I think I might go crazy having to sing Christmas songs in August. ;) I'm sure your choir rocks though!!

Thanks so much for your sweet voice message. I'm sorry I'm so bad at calling back. Just know it meant a lot to me! Love you, friend!

Kathryn said...

Way to go, Autumn. I'm so proud of you using that Berry music degree and teaching the love of music to young people - at home & abroad. Hope to see you Mtn. Day!?

Kathryn said...

Way to go, Autumn. I'm so proud of you using that Berry music degree and teaching the love of music to young people - at home & abroad. Hope to see you Mtn. Day!?