Monday, April 26, 2010

Sarah's Key


If you have any interest at all in World War II or the Holocaust, this book is a must-read. I read it in just a few days last week. I thought it'd be good pre-reading before I head to Europe in less than 6 weeks. This year we visit the Anne Frank stuff in Amsterdam, and of course the Beaches at Normandy/Utah Beach again along with the American Cemetery. This book tells a story about the German occupation of France that I never knew about, the Vel' d'Hiv Roundup of Paris in 1942. Check it out.

2 comments:

Joanie said...

I have always been interested in books (fiction & non fiction) about this time period. I have read lots, but haven't heard of this one. Thanks for the info!

Autumn said...

I'm about to start another one, "Searching for Eternity," by Elizabeth Musser. Right now I'm finishing, "The Mysterious Benedict Society," which I definitely checked out of our school library!