Friday, October 3, 2008

Kids Say the Darndest Things...

I cannot take credit for this stroke of brilliance. My coworker, D, did this a couple of years ago and I just found it on my computer. She went around asking kids at my school to finish the popular "addage" with their own words. The results crack me up! The addage is in black, and the children's responses follow in red. Enjoy!

1. Don't change horses there are shiny things on their paws.
2. Strike while the ball is moving.
3. It's always darkest before lightest.
4. Better late than early!
5. You can lead a horse to water but you can go in the forest by yourself.
6. Don't bite the hand that hurts!
7. No news is no fun.
8. A miss is as good as a Mrs.
9. You can't teach an old dog to swim.
10. If you lie down with dogs, you'll be sleepy.
11. Love all, trust all.
12. The pen is mightier than the pencil.
13. An idle mind is a statue.
14. Where there's smoke there's . . . Smoke!
15. Happy the bride who dances.
16. A penny saved is money
17. Two's company, three's a party!!!
18. Don't put off till tomorrow what is done already.
19. Laugh and the whole world laughs with you, cry and whine.
20. There are none so blind as mice.
21. Children should be seen and not loud. (AMEN!)
22. If at first you don't succeed you seek.
23. You get out of something only what you get in.
24. When the blind lead the blind they get lost.


Out of the mouth of babes. . .

25. Never underestimate the power of God.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These are wonderful and I think something that I just might try this week. Maybe this will get them to focus just a little.

Hope that you are doing well and I will definitely think about you on December 19th. How's P2P going this year. Keep me posted.
JoDee