Monday, September 1, 2008

Let's Sing!



Kids at the Pre-School in Ngaamba singing the Family Members song sung to the tune of "Freres Jaques." The little girl up front in the pink sweater is Sophie, and she was just my absolute favorite!!! The lyrics are:

Family members, family members
In our home, in our home
Father, mother, brother, father, mother, brother
Sister and baby, sister and baby.



This is our same little Pre-School class learning the words and actions to "How Great is Our God." It's my voice and Robyn singing, and Robyn leading actions.



These are students at Itumbule Primary School led by Phoebe. The little soloist is a girl on the lefthand side kind of in the middle-ish row called Cynthia. She has a great voice. The song lyrics mean:

Some people say that Jesus is dead
But I say He is alive because I can feel him
In my head, my chest, my back,
My heart, my legs, ears, feet, etc.

Kind of looks like "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes" doesn't it? I think every school child in Kenya must know this song! Yay!

No comments: