Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Amber & Heather

Most of us think of heather as a plant that grows on the hillside in Scotland, amongst other places. And amber? Amber is that stuff that they found the mosquito in which they extracted DNA from in the film Jurassic Park, right?

Wrong. People everywhere are redefining these words. They are, in fact, becoming substitutes for my actual NAME.

Yes, that's right. I have been called Amber on more occasions than I can count, and most recently, I became "Heather."

Other popular substitutions for my name include August and my favorite...April.

I just want to know why it is that people cannot remember my name. If I can remember the very ethnic names of most of my students, and pronounce them correctly, then why can American adults not seem to remember my name, a synonym for the season fall? It's not that difficult, people.

AUTUMN. A six letter word. Memorize it. Embrace it. I'd do the same for you!!!

3 comments:

Kelli said...

haha! you crack me up...you know, i get called emily and amy quite often...strange.

Lisa said...

I'll do my best to remember your name, Summer...oh, I mean Autumn.: )

Ashley said...

Try being the youngest of 4 kids, 3 of us with "A" names. My mom sometimes asks "have you talked to Ashley lately?" Hmmm...ya mean Andrea or Alison? Strangers are one thing but YOUR MOTHER! I feel your pain, my friend.