Sunday, October 28, 2007

I Wanna Be A Part of it!!!

Publish PostWe are always trying to persuade our students at school to make better choices. At church in Waumba and UpStreet we teach the kids to "Make the wise choice." But sometimes, isn't it interesting that this can trickle UP to adults as well?

I was with a friend tonight who had Andy's series, "The Best Decision Ever." In this series from a few years back, Andy suggests that we ask ourselves this question when pondering tough life choices:

In light of my past decisions, my current circumstances and my future hopes and dreams, what is the WISE thing to do?

Today, sadly, my cousin and I made the wise choice. It was not a fun choice, but we made it. We've been wanting to fly to New York and take in a few shows on Broadway at the end of November. Jennifer Garner is playing in Cyrano and I was sort of wanting to see Legally Blonde The Musical. But after doing an excel spreadsheet of the budget, we decided this trip could wait. Every hotel is in the price range of $300-$500 minimum, and it was just not happening. Sadness. But it was the right choice.

Sometimes, the right choice is the harder choice. Actually, much of the time it is. I guess this is what our parents meant when they said things like, "The right thing to do isn't always the easy thing to do and the easy thing to do isn't always the right thing to do." It used to seem so mystical when they said it. Now I get what they meant. Am I getting older, or just wiser?

No comments: